A Place Where Rare and Antique Car Owners and Enthusiasts Interact
Our local club was formed in 1956 and received a charter as a chapter of Lake Erie Region in 1957. The five founder members were Walter Seeley, Leonard Storm, Ray Cornell, Charles Meissner and Milt Lawson.
In 1963 we applied for and received our charter as a region. At that time, we adopted as our regional emblem, the locally manufactured 1905 Duquesne Automobile, along with the outline of Chautauqua Lake.
Since 1963, our region has sponsored a chapter in Olean, NY, now Allegheny Valley Region, a chapter in Erie, PA, now Presque Isle Region, and a chapter in Corry, PA known as Corry Area Chapter.
At this time we have 106 members and many rare and exotic antique and classic cars and trucks. We sponsor and attend many antique car meets, parades and picnic tours for our members, during the summer. We publish a monthly newsletter which is titled “The Running Board Rundown” which has a variety of interesting information.
Jeanne Oag has taken over the responsibility at the Newsletter Editor for the Running Board Rundown as Gary Swanson has moved to Florida and can no longer do the Running Board Rundown. She would welcome information and/or articles to put into the Running Board Rundown.
The purpose of the Chautauqua Lake Region Antique Automobile Club of America (CLRAACA) is to provide a place and time for individuals to meet and discuss their interest in vehicles. Throughout the year, our club members get together by having cruise-ins, picnics, and road trips.
Chautauqua Lake Region
Antique Automobile Club of America
P.O. Box 821
Jamestown, New York 14702-0821